Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Recycle!!!!

I learnt about environmentally friendly practices in my school. I was around ten years old. In that moment I realized how important is adopt this practices to our life, like recycling. So I told to my mom the importance of do this practices, specially recycling. My mother thought it and since that day my family have done this practice of take the different kind of paper and separate them, like in one part the newspapers, in other part the white papers, in other magazine papers, etc. Also we separate the garbage, the organic trash in one part, the plastic in other and the carton trash in other, but we have taken care about some box that are of carton but inside has one metallic layer. Some people say that we turn fussy talking about garbage, but is important for our world that is our home. Also we take the soda and beer cans of the street, then we smash them and collect in our house untill we have a lot and sell them, the same as we do with the papers. We don't gather too much money, but we know that all that material is going to be recycle and then reuse. 
About use a bike...I do, but in Viña del Mar was easier than in Santiago. Why? Well in Viña we have different places with cycle lines and the city is little in comparison with Santiago. And I was closer to my school or other places I like going. But here in Santiago, I'm living isolated of the university and the cicle lines aren't enough to the size of the city. But also in Viña del Mar I have ussually gone in car when my family go to a far place.
I haven't joined or supported any eco-organization because sometimes I think that they aren't doing well.
Also the most important is very aggressive.
I would like make different stuff with recycle things, like lamps, notebooks, earings or other things. And also teach to other people about the benefits of that practices. 
I don't know if I have done something to reduce my carbon footprint, but I think that every little thing that helps to the environment reduce the carbon footprint of everyone, so yes.
I think that in our society is really missing the recycle issue, because in some schools teach about this and even if I separate my trash in the rubbish dumps everything is going to combine, so actually we cannot recycle well. I have supportted the idea of the goverment must create a project of recycle and use this trash in energy or other thing.

2 comments:

  1. The 3 R's! In primary school my teacher taugth me about them. This is the first time that I know someone who recycles her trash, I'm impressed. Anyway, I don't recycle my trash, I'm sorry. Now I feel a little guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm impressed with what you do with your family. It's very good (: When I told to my family about recycling they didn't listen to me /: Take care (:

    ReplyDelete