Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Need or not to need...money


Money...so necessary but when you talk about it the people stare at you, thinking that you only care about the money that you have in your current account or in cash! For me money is important because is necessary for everything in this capitalist society. If you need water when the company decided cut-off, you must take your wallet and go to the market and buy bottles of water!! When we are with full rights of take water without pay anything for it! If I wouldn't live in this society, I'm totally sure that my importance about money is going to be completely different.
In my school time, When I used to live in Viña del Mar, I spended money in earings, I love it! Also, I spended money hanging out with my friends or in presents for them or my family. But now I'm living in Santiago, my parents still giving me money to survive, because I don't have a bank account so I don't have savings, actually I have but in a family account. So only when is extremely necessary I can withdraw. So my priorities change, now I must pay for a room here, also for my meals and stuff for the classes in the University. In the full year, I just go out with my friends as least three times.
About managing my budget, I'm good. I don't waste the money in unnecessarily stuff now. My parents give me money because they don't want that I waste the time of my studies, working, and they are right because I need a lot of time. But, coming back to the topic, I save a lot of my money in a drawer, because I don't like withdraw the money of my parents or borrow them, either , so when I'm tight I remember that I have some money in a drawer and my problems are gone. 
Now, If I were a millionaire I would invest my money in some companies that are broke to improve the work there and save the work of a lot of people, also I would donate a big amount to charity. And I would  like to help in part of the world, like África, Asia, Latinamerica, donating money to the construction of houses, schools, hospitals and others to the needy people. And I would help when a catastrophic event take place in some part of the world, like in Chile, 2010. Of course I would invest money in me and my family (that is a big one). Also, I would like to invest in enviromentally friendly practices.
If I have to pawn any of my belongings it would be my jewelry. Because pawn shops pay a lot for expensive jewelry, but also for technology stuff like a TV or a computer, but now my computer is important for my studies, so I would pawn the TV.

1 comment:

  1. Tamara, I agree with you in a lot of points, but I have one thing to say to you. "If I were a millionaire I would invest my money in some companies that are broke to improve the work there and save the work of a lot of people". I think that there is an error in this. If a company went in bankrupt there has to be a reason, if you invest in a company that had died already you will be prolonging the life of a company that will die again in no time. You are looking at the tree and not at the forest. You have to earn a lot of money and then you can use it to help the needy people. That. Take care. Bye!

    ReplyDelete