Tuesday, October 1, 2013

First Musical

The day that I always going to have in my mind was the day that I participated in my first musical in High School... Jesus Christ Superstar!!! It was Easter time so the musical was related to that especial week.   
I remember was Thursday, one day before Easter holidays, and my teacher was crazy with the preparation of the stage, music connections and with the people who had a part in the musical, that means a lot of things in his mine, but I was his secretary so I supported a lot with the preparations in special with the Choir guys, the soloists and the band guys while my teacher was worried of  the rest. 
We was the whole day putting the finishing touches to the songs, decorations on the stage, the clothes we were going to wear and calming the waters to everybody.  We started practicing to the musical since the first day we back to classes that was around March 3rd of 2009, but equally wasn't enough time to prepare well a musical, so for that were people nervous. 
The presentation was at night, was cold and that is bad for singing, but for lucky we was in a warm place. 
The School's gym was full, first the teacher talk to the audience a little bit about the musical and the work that everybody did to make it, then the lights turn off and just some color lights on the stage illuminated it. The Choir was in the back of the audience ready to the powerful entrance. The band and teachers playing the introduction an then... POW!! The Choir (where I was) ran and screamed to the stage...that moment was AMAZING! You release all the tension you have before and you're ready to sing. 
The musical was awesome, actually is awesome if you realize that you did it well. I had a great time and know that my partners and the public too, since that day I love participating in musicals of all kind. We presented the musical in different parts since there, the last time that I participated in that musical was this year in April.
I can't describe to you more about the musical, you must see it because it is really fun and the story-line is so powerful that make you see it again.

3 comments:

  1. In my school, some people also represented this musical, but it was just one year. The musical was good, except when the girl who was Judas fell down of the stage D: I think it's cool have the chance to participate in something like this c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teacher's secretary? Hahaha. This certainly seems like an unforgettable day. So, we could say that you participated in a "High School Musical"? A chorus singer? Life brings a lot of surprises. It seemed like a lot of fun. I have the feeling that you dint't receive any money for singing, I think that you should to talk with your teacher and ask him for a salary. Hahaha. Bye the way, what it is "Jesus Christ Superstar"? I have no idea... Well, I hope to find the answer in internet, or you can tell me someday. Bye bye! See you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit that I'm SUPER jealous of your remarkable day! One of my biggest dreams is to take part of a musical, since I'm big music and Broadway fan myself. It'd have been awesome to see you! My high school barely did any stuff like this, it sucked. Take care! <3

    ReplyDelete