Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Backstreet Boys and Pentatonix

All my life I have listened to the Backstreet Boys. They are an American band from Orlando, Florida, formed by five handsome men, Brian Littrell, Howie Dorough, Alexande McLena known as A.J. McLean, Nick Carter and Kevin Richardson, they ages are 38, 40, 35, 33 and 42, respectively.The first integrants of the group were Howie and A.J, after their agent called to Nick who was justhirteen. Then the agent talked with Kevin Richardson, but the the agent felt that someone else was missing so Kevin called his cousin Brian who participed in the Church choir. In 1992, the band was ready to get into the music industry. But was in 1995 when they made their first single "We've got it goin' on" that launch onto the market (One year after my birth). Since that year they get into the media, made 3 albums more and different concerts around the world, actually they came to the "Festival de Viña" in 1998.
In 2002 the band had problem with their discography, A.J said that had problems with drugs and the boys decided try with their solo career in the industry. After three years of hiatus they backed with a new album "Never Gone", but in 2006 Kevin left the band to pursue his acting career.
The band just with four of the five original integrants continued and made two albums "Unbreakable" and "This is us". They made two concerts in Chile, one 2009 with the "Unbreakable Tour" and the other in 2012 with "This is us Tour" (I went with my old sister to both).
In 2011 they reunited with "New kids on the block" other American band of the 80' and made an album together. Last year the band communicated that Kevin returned to the band and they are going to made other album. This year they present the new album "In a world like this". They play pop, pop rock and R&B.
I like this band for the music that they play and because I listened them since I was born, actually my sister is a big fan within me. My favourite song now is "Permanent Stain" because talk about how a person that you love is always going to be in your heart.

And my new favourite band is Pentatonix!!! They are amazing and very famous in America. They won the third season of "The Sing-Off" (yes, they are an Acapella group). The group is formed by Scott Hoying, Kirstie Maldonado, Mitch Grassi (they grown up together), Avi Kaplan and Kevin Olusola. Scott met Avi through a mutual friend and the trio (Scott, Kirstie and Mitch) found Kevin in youtube. Scott was whom pursue to participate to his friend in "The Sing-Off"and were in their first day of audition when all the integrants met each other. They sing different kind of songs of famous people and made their own music. I love this group because they make music just with their mouth, nothing of instruments and my favourite song is "Evolution of music", because they sing different songs passing through the years.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Tamara. When I read "Backstreet Boys" I cann't help it, I think in some handsome (I don't think so but the women say it often, so I assume it's true?) guys who don't have any talent and that sing just for show thanks to a bussinessman who pays all the costs with a evil plan in his mind and I imagine a sofisticated machine that fixes their voices is the secret behind their success. On the other hand, Pentatonix is a lot better than Backstreet Boys. I don't think I would listen to them regularly but I think that seeing some of their videos from time to time may prove to be a good idea. I hope you don't feel offended by what I said, it's just my humble opinion. Well, take care. Bye bye!

    ReplyDelete